Length: 1 day
Target group: General sales audience including managers and leadership
Available in house or public seminar:
- Next public seminar is August 17, 2022. Click here to register.
This content-rich workshop is a deep dive into the hope-filled message of Selling Through Tough Times. Every salesperson and sales manager knows that it’s harder to sell in tough times—whether it’s a global pandemic, recession, industry-wide challenge, new competitor, being new to sales, or an extended slump. But somehow there are always successful “tough-timers” that not only survive, but thrive through tough times. What do they have—and what do they know—that keeps them on top? In this workshop, you will learn how to sell effectively and build mental resilience. Here are the topics covered in this workshop:
Introduction to Selling Through Tough Times
- What are tough times and why are they good?
- How do buyers think in tough times?
- Redefining value in customer terms
- Crafting a compelling tough-times message
Building mental resilience through tough times
- Overcoming the mental missteps
- Positive mental programming
- Positive environmental programming
- The eight attributes of tough timers
- Taking the Tough-Timer Challenge
Implementing the six Critical Selling Activities (CSAs)
- Select – establishing the right targets and building a target-specific plan
- Pursue – approaching your target opportunities the right way
- Discover – a continuous process of understanding the buyer’s needs
- Persuade – convincing the buyer that you are the ideal partner with the ideal solution
- Partner – working with your customer to help them achieve their goal
- Leverage – expanding your solution with the customer to protect and grow your business
Participants will learn how to select and pursue the right opportunities, discover needs, persuade effectively, win more deals, and—crucially—protect profit, by embracing the “tough timers” mental attitude and executing the critical selling activities.